‘Yoga teacher’ is one of the many titles I proudly and joyfully claim (some of my other top picks are: mother, priestess, Shamanic Minister, wife, daughter, artist, and donut-lover).
My first teacher training was at a hot yoga studio that left one out of breath and with a slip n' slide yoga mat. Overtime my practice and teaching has focused more on the subtle and energetic body. I seek to assist people in settling into their wholeness. The primary intention of my teaching is to get you to move, stretch, feel and strengthen in a way that allows for a deep stillness at the end of class.
I live in Richfield with my husband, two young daughters, Tanzanian village dog, and two crazy shelter cats. Off the mat I love to garden, paint, write, cook, and spend time dinking around with my family.
I want you to be comfortable with who you are. I teach weekly Yin and Slow Flow/Gentle classes. My workshops are centered around the cycles of nature and laden with ritual. All my offerings are free or very affordable to ensure all have access. If price is ever a deterrent, please reach out.
In warmth & gratitude,
- 200 hour teacher training at Hilltop Yoga in Haslett, Michigan (2011)
- 500 hour teacher training at Yoga Center of Minneapolis (2013)
- Yin Levels 1 & 2 with Michelle Pietrzak-Wegnar (2014)
- New Earth Priestess Process with Sarah O'Rourke
- New Earth High Priestess Process
- Reiki 1 Rising Sun Reiki Studio (2016)
- Reiki 2 Devanadi School of Yoga and Wellness (2016)
- SomaYoga & Somatics Intensive with Yoga North (2019)
- BA in Humanity and Cultural Studies from Wartburg College
- MS in Community Sustainability from Michigan State University
- Peace Corps Tanzania 2008-2010